Thursday, November 15, 2012

Nursery rhymes

Hello, hello! How are you? I'm still tired from all the walking yesterday - thank goodness that weekend is just around the corner. :)

Today I want to show you a card that I made for the current challenge at Crafty ribbons - for those of you who don't know, the theme of our challenge is "nursery rhymes". I must admit that this challenge was anything but an easy one for me. I had absolutely no idea what to make. At the end I made this card, for which the inspiration was "Twinkle, twinkle little star". I'm sorry because the picture is so bad, but the light just wasn't on my side - it was always too dark when I wanted to take a picture so I had to take it with flash. And when I did this, the colours of the card were washed away - the card looked horrible. So at the end I scanned the card and did some photoshop magic on it after. It's still not good, but the best that I could come up with. Hopefully I can get some better light tomorrow so that I can retake the picture.

Anyways, enough babbling, here's the card I'm talking about ...


I used this cute image from LOTV and colored it with Faber Castell pencils and Promarkers. Around the image I stamped with different snowflake stamps. For the snow on the window, snowflakes and the white part of Millie's hat I used diamond Stickles. For the red part of the holly I used red glitter glue. The dp was a freebie in a magazine a couple of years ago and doily is from my stash. These gold stars are from Crafty ribbons (you can find them here) and so is the satin ribbon (you can find it here).

I hope you'll come play with us. I can't wait to see your creations. :) Hugs! xx

I would like to enter my card to the following challenges:
The ribbon girl blog: Add a sprakle
The pink elephant: Punches or dies (I used border punch)
Card and scrap: Christmas
One stop craft challenge: Anything goes
Dream valley: Anything goes
Lady Anne's challenges: Anything goes
Divas by design: Anything goes
4 crafty chicks: Winter
Bunny Zoe's crafts challenge blog: Winter
Crafts and me: Untraditional Christmas colours
Cute card Thursday: Starry, starry night
Hooked on craft: Christmas - no red/green
My mum's craft shop: Winter Wonderland
Sparkles: Christmas is coming
Scrap and more: Winter
Word art Wednesday: Anything goes
There she goes: Winter

39 comments:

  1. Awh, just gorgeous hun, love that image and your colours are wonderful. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie this is soooooo gorgeous I love this image its so pretty.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card. Love this cute image. Brilliant colouring too

    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo kako je lepa. Všeč so mi barvne kombinacije in lepa postavitev. LP

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute hun....:o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. so gorgeous cebelica.stunning sweet image and i love your pretty design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cute image and the papers and stars are FAB :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, love that sweet image and gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous. Beautifully colored image and great color combos which I find very cheerful for a cold wintry day.
    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card love all the different elements you add. Thanks for joining us for Lady Anne's challenge,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fabulous card and your colouring of the image is suburb. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's. I hope we see you again.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx
    cardsbyladyanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word Cebelica this is so beautiful I love that gorgeous image also the wonderful colours and design, superb card.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for playing our Winter Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That card is absolutely beautiful, visiting from Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did a darling job on this - just beautiful! Thanks SO mnuch for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. It blesses our hearts when people share their talents with us and play along, and I hope you will be back soon. You do beautiful work, and I look forward to seeing more of it!
    Have a blessed day!
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is beautiful nostalgic I'm quite sure for very many people. The layers of matte and dsp makes the central image more beautiful if possible. Thank you so much for sharing with us.
    Psalm 103 Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson,
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous!! I think it photographied well. It is beautiful. The colors are very sweet.

    Thanks for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Divas this week x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute xmas card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Card and Scrap.
    Hug

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply beautiful Cebelica :)
    The image is very sweet and is perfect for your chosen nursery rhyme.
    Love the colours too.

    I struggle with taking photos, and especially at this time of year...it's dark when I go to work and dark again by the time I get home!

    Big hugs
    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. how cute! thanks for playing along at The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  22. aw bless this is sooo sweet! Love the cute image.
    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Hugs, Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an adorable image and a darling card. I love those added stars.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fab image, look at that cute cat sitting and looking outside, so lovely. Thanks for joining us at Scrap en More and good luck. Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  25. Adorable and so so gorgeous.
    Thanks for playing along at Divas by Design this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so sweet! I just love that the little cuties are looking out the window! Hope you have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a sweet card, love that image! Thanks so much for joining us at MMCS Challenge this week, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous creation!

    Thank you for joining in the fun at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our * Christmas is coming * challenge

    Hope you will join us again & good luck in the draw
    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh this is soooooo sweet. Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at BunnyZoe this month.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a lovely card!!! The stamp is os very cute, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ah adorable image and layout!! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great card, thanks for joining in our winter wonderland challenge at MMCS.
    Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great card, thanks for joining in our winter wonderland challenge at MMCS.
    Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  34. very nice thanks for joining us at scrap & more

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous! Thanks you for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is adorable, beautiful image! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)